Mikumi National Park is easily accessible from Dar es Salaam, and ideal for someone with little time for a safari but wants to view a wide range of wild animals. Elephant, giraffe, buffalo, lion, zebras, wildebeest, leopard and crocodile are commonly seen in the park.
Stanley’s Kopje is the only camp in Mikumi National park set up on a rocky kopje on the Mkata flood plain, it presides over the best game viewing area of the park, the Mwanamboga waterhole.
Vuma Hills Tented camp is perched above the trees stretching over the seemingly endless wilderness south west of Mikumi National Park.
Full day game drive in Mikumi or two half day game drive. Whilst on safari, you can see a rich variety of bird species, as well as large numbers of giraffe, buffalo and elephants. If you are lucky you may also be able to spot lions, leopards and African wild dogs. Likely to be seen animals include zebras, hippos, hartebeest, wildebeest, impala, warthog, eland and antelope. Several observation towers enable you to overview the park in its entirety.Dinner and overnight Stanley’s Kopje Camp or Vuma Hills Tented Camp
After breakfast, short game drive in the park, and then drive back to Dar arriving late in the afternoon. Whilst on safari, you can see a rich variety of bird species, as well as large numbers of giraffe, buffalo and elephants.
PRICE US$ 850 per person
The package includes
- Accommodation and meals as per itinerary
- Transport and wildlife drives in 4WD Land Cruiser with photographic roof hatch
- Services of a professional safari guide
- All wildlife reserve entry fees
- Conservation fees
- 1.5 L of mineral water per person/day
The Package does not include
- International airfare & internal flights
- All items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for safari guide and camp staff
- Airport departure tax
- Travel insurance
- Visa and Passport fees
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and beverages in lodges